Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The P family at Joe's place...

One Saturday a few weeks ago I was having coffee with a friend outside the Casey's in Amana when a gentleman and his dog joined us at the picnic table. We struck up a conversation and he began telling us about his "little piece of paradise" not far away.  While it all seems like projects to him, it sounded exactly like the kind of place I look for to take clients to.  Old buildings, peeling paint, farm implements, beautiful timber, rolling hills and so much more to please this photographer's eye.  You can imagine my excitement when Mr. Joe graciously offered to let me bring clients out for sessions.  The P family is the first group I've taken there this fall and couldn't be happier with how well the place worked for their portraits.

I have known this family for longer than I've officially been in business and I ADORE getting to see them each fall for their family session!  Mr. Andrew used to come to my house to play when I had a day care in my home so he is one of those special little people that hold a very dear place in my heart.  I can't believe that little toddler has grown enough to be in the 1st grade and have several visits from the tooth fairy- time surely does fly.



I first met his sister, Addy, when she was just a few days old.  Every time I get her in front of my camera I am amazing at how positively lovely she is!  Her locks have grown long and flowing, those apple cheeks and deep blue eyes are captivating- she is perfection and her sweet, happy spirit just make me smile.


I know that they are going to use their family portrait for Christmas cards so I won't reveal all those, just this one that Mom requested we do. 
 Joe & Amy's farm was the absolute perfect place for this session.  The texture and color of the barn are a wonderful backdrop for this wonderful family.  I feel very blessed to have been in just the right spot that Saturday to meet my new friends and I look forward to spending more time in their little paradise.


2 comments:

  1. We loved Joe's place and we always love seeing you Angie. Thank you for capturing our family, our many faces, and our love. We have been so blessed to be part of your journey too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being on this journey with me! I couldn't do it without you and so many others that I've met along the way.

      Delete