Thursday, August 16, 2012

An evening senior...


I keep saying that the seniors I've worked with have been so wonderful and fun to work with.  I am not just saying, it is true!  I am completely in awe of the young people in our community.  And Amanda was just as much of a pleasure to be with as the rest.  She has a great love for photography, in fact, one of her images was on display at the Iowa State Fair!  Pretty impressive.  Knowing that she knows a thing or two about making images made it so easy to work with her!  She understands that when lighting and posing are combined in just the right ways, magical things happen.  She was so patient with me while I looked for just the right lighting patterns to grace her lovely face and not cast a glare into her glasses (twist your head to the right, chin up, chin down, tilt your forehead this way or that, drop that shoulder down, bend that knee, she even got to know my hand motions so I didn't have to even say what I needed her to do).  Our strange little dance sure did make for images that really captured this young lady's true beauty.


We started our afternoon in the studio with my good friend and talented stylist, Tina Wing.  Amanda has a very natural look which Tina simply played up a bit so that her features really popped in front of the camera.


Once we finished up in the studio, the lighting was just right for the location part of the session.  The warm, soft light was so beautiful with her choice of wardrobe and the meadow couldn't have been a more perfect setting for some whimsical little props.


Thanks, Amanda, for spending the evening with us.  You and your mom were so enjoyable to be with!


No comments:

Post a Comment