Friday, February 24, 2012

My Cousin Got Married!

I was so excited to hear that she was engaged and that they wanted ME to be their photographer.  They actually got married in November in a private ceremony on a mountain side in Utah and still wanted to celebrate with friends and family here at home with a reception at the Hotel Vetro in Iowa City.  It was simple and simply beautiful, and so was the bride!


The groom is a bit camera shy so we just did a few with the couple and then their families for the formals.  The rest of the night I got to play, taking lots of candids and detail shots.  The hotel staff did such a wonderful job with the ball room!  The centerpieces were stately and elegant and really captured the mood of the night with bright green and creamy color combos.  The set up was meant for mingling with some cocktail tables and lots of food stations with different themes.  The one that I gave the most attention to was the dessert table.  While the kids were thrilled to have a room set up just for them with games, activities and movies.


My favorite moment of the night was the father daughter dance.  It always gets me at every reception I'm at but this one in particular was so, so special to me.  Watching their interactions reminded me so much of how my daddy and I are together and made me wish our trip to see him weren't so far out on the calendar.  I just love how much fun they seemed to be having together!

Congratulations!  I really couldn't be happier for the two of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment