Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Boys of Summer Sessions...

I don't usually do sports photos but when I was in a workshop last month I was struck by inspiration.  We learned how to use small flashes off camera to create dramatic light and vibrant, saturated colors at less than ideal times of day when the sun is blaring and harsh.  Before I even left the workshop I put out a call for some models and one that I wanted to try my hand at was a baseball player.  My cousin's son was perfect for this personal project!  He loves the game and as hard as he tried not to enjoy being doted on, I think he got a bit of pleasure out of it.

While it was a shaky start to the session (when the flash doesn't fire, make sure the power is ON and the transmitter is in place) I feel like I grew in my skills and really played with the light in ways I'd only done in class.

I LOVE photographing kids doing they love to do!  And now I can do it with some drama.  If you'd like to book a "Boys of Summer" or other session for your young athletes, contact me soon- school starts in one month!







No comments:

Post a Comment