Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My little experiment

A few weeks ago I put out a call for some models to help me practice a new technique.  Rose & Emily's mom was quick to answer that call for them to be my test subjects {another pair of sisters that are VERY different when it comes to having their portraits made}.  Before I share their images let me explain what I was trying to do.  I recently got a battery for my studio lights so that I can take them outside with me.  Why would I want to do that, you ask?  On bright sunny days, there is light everywhere, right?  Right!  However, using that light to make portraits is not always ideal, especially when that light is high over head {we've all taken pics of our kids on sunny days and ended up with dark raccoon circles where their eyes should be}.  So from a business perspective, it just makes sense to not have tight limitations on the times of day I can schedule sessions- I want to be able to make beautiful portraits no matter the time of day or lighting conditions, this method will help me do that.  Now, I'm still getting the hang of it, not quite ready to bring my big soft box out for a full session.  But don't be surprised if at the end of your session, I ask if we can pull it out to play a little so that I can get more comfortable with it.  Still hoping to get together with more of the peeps who volunteered to be models, as well so be looking for more to show up on future posts.

So here they are, Rose & her little sister Emily.  They are such beauties!  Rose was so excited to be a model, Emily needed a {little} more encouragement and she was still pretty shy for me but I think that really made for some sweet images that will melt Mom's heart!  Mom is the owner/ designer of Puddin' Pies Children's boutique and she made the dresses that the girls wore for the session.  Be sure to check her out on Facebook at Puddin' Pies Clothing.





No comments:

Post a Comment